Saturday, July 26, 2014

Cabbage Steaks


Now that the Whole 30 is over, and I'm down 13 lbs. and over a percent in body fat (whoo hoo!). I ate some feta in my salad at lunch, then John and I celebrated with tacos and Jeni's ice cream in the evening. My stomach HATED me. I kind of knew going into it that dairy was probably not my friend, and I think unfortunately that's true. So after a few days of dabbling in Diet Coke, sushi, and alcohol, we decided to jump back on Whole 30 again, planning a few 'cheats' for when we have friends in town or when we're traveling. We just felt too crappy not to, and the scale started creeping up, I almost immediately started to bloat back up, and my stomach was miserable (oh and headaches, did I mention headaches?).

To mark the interim, I'm posting some pictures with dairy that I took before the challenge. They would easily be as good without the dairy (I'm finding like gluten, there are decent substitutes for most things, or I typically don't miss it that much). Like these yummy cabbage steaks that I made using this recipe. I also brushed sliced eggplant with olive oil and salt/pepper and baked them too, then sprinkled with basil and goat cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment