Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Sushi (Let's Roll)

I contemplated taking sushi making lessons but after a little Googling (and the purchase of our new rice cooker) I thought we could handle it. And we could! Spoiler alert--it's really not that hard!


We got our fixins at Whole Foods and steamed up some rice (mixed with white rice vinegar). I used a cutting board and put down a bamboo roller covered in saran wrap. Then you press down a layer of rice as thin as you can get it and top it with a sheet of nori (seaweed). Then comes the fun part--just put your favorite toppings on there, and roll it up! You seal the top with a little water so it stays shut, then cut into slices with a sharp knife. I made mostly veggie, and my husband made some with shrimp and avocado. Will definitely be a fun group activity once we invite some friends over to try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment