Thursday, August 15, 2013

Miami - Day 1

My darling hubby surprised me with a birthday weekend in Miami, a place we had talked about going before but had never visited. After a pretty easy flight (catching up on trashy magazines), we found the hotel (the Anglers Resort, which was amazing), and walked to the corner to grab some lunch at Manolos, a Latin diner of sorts.


I decided this was my farewell to carbs weekend, so I kicked it off with a big bowl of pasta. Not the best I've ever had, not the worst. But I was hungry so no complaints.


Then we walked two blocks to the ocean. After dipping our toes in the water we rented bikes and rode up and down Ocean Drive (where all the cool old Art Deco hotels are), then relaxed for a bit at the hotel before heading out.


Next it was on to Lincoln Road, the main shopping/dining/entertainment district for South Beach. The sheer number of people and activity was overwhelming but fun. We got dinner at an overpriced but good sushi place (the beer was $17....I will spare you how much the entrees were), where I had a quinoa hand roll for the first time (yum!).


After walking to the movie theater and seeing "Elysium," we walked back to our hotel and passed through Espanola Way, a small alley full of restaurants, gelato, and more. It was close to midnight and crowds were just getting started.

Then a good night's sleep so we could get ready for day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment