Sunday, August 25, 2013

Fancy Dinner at Lucca's

My friend Laura and I decided earlier this summer to put our bake sale earnings towards a double date night at Lucca with our respective boys. It's an amazing Italian restaurant right across the street from their house and it has a (slightly less pricy) family style dinner on Mondays. John and I pre-decided that we would probably have to eat wheat in the form of pasta or bread and that since this was a splurge we would be okay with that.

Dinner started off gluten free, with some cauliflower in anchovy sauce, a butterbean/olive/tomato salad, and a green salad with shaved Parmesan. There was also a good bottle of wine, and I managed to pass on the bread basket (even though it looked delicious).


There was a spinach risotto, and a pasta course. I was already being a pain in the ass by not eating meat, so I ate a small serving of the pasta with house made marinara sauce. Dessert was a cheesecake tiramisu (which I enjoyed much more than real tiramisu since it tasted like a yummy caramel cheesecake instead of coffee), which had a crust of some kind. I picked around the crust but still ate some of it. On the way home I already had a headache...it's amazing how quickly your body responds to it once you've been off it. I also felt unpleasantly full even though I didn't eat as much as I normally would have. The food was really good, and next time I think we'd probably order off the menu just to make sure we got something wheat free. I'm glad we finally got to try it out, I love Italian!

No comments:

Post a Comment