Sunday, August 25, 2013

Learning to Like Brussel Sprouts

As a kid I had nothing nice to say about brussel sprouts. I thought they were bitter and gross, like the baby cabbages that they were. As an adult I have come to tolerate them, but only if they're cooked really well (like Wild Olive's, where they are deep fried!). I'm trying really hard to like them more. My favorite way to eat them is roasted, so I tossed some chopped brussel sprouts in a bath of olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt, red pepper flakes, and my new friend, garlic herb butter.


The only thing I'd change next time is maybe separating them more so the flavors really get inside of them. They probably could have roasted a little longer also, but overall really good.


I had them with a portabella mushroom that I stuffed with leftover Greek yogurt spinach dip and topped with some Asiago cheese. It baked for about 20 minutes on 375. Pretty darn good.


No comments:

Post a Comment