Thursday, August 15, 2013

Enchiladas and Street Corn Salad

I've decided if I'm not doing wheat I'm also not doing boring. Tonight was enchiladas verde (pork and pinto bean for my husband, spinach and pinto bean for me), which were corn tortillas stuffed and topped with cojito cheese, shredded cheddar, verde sauce, tomatoes, and cilantro. So, so good.


On the side was Mexican street corn salad (you could also leave it on the cob), and I had too much sauce and not enough corn, so I added some zucchini to beef it up. Delicious!


Here is the original recipe:  http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/07/mexican-street-corn-elotes-recipe.html

Ingredients:
    1/4 cup mayonnaise
    1/4 cup sour cream or Mexican crema
    1/2 cup finely crumbled cotija or feta cheese, plus more for serving
    1/2 teaspoon ancho or guajillo chili powder, plus more for serving
    1 medium clove garlic, finely minced (about 1 teaspoon)
    1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro leaves and tender stems
    4 ears shucked corn
    1 lime, cut into wedges

Basically cook the corn in a skillet with the garlic until done, and mix the rest of the ingredients in a separate bowl, then combine. You can also roast or broil corn on the cob and cover it in the mixture...either way, it's good!

No comments:

Post a Comment