Saturday, June 29, 2013

Wrap it Up

I picked up a new vegetarian cookbook from the clearance aisle at Barnes and Noble, and decided to try this wrap recipe with some leftover burrito tortillas. I forgot to get cream cheese, so I made a basil mayo instead (pesto mixed with olive oil-based mayo). It's one sweet potato, cut with the thickest setting on my mandoline and roasted in the oven for about 10 minutes, fresh spinach, and low fat feta cheese. Pretty good and it got me thinking about all the other types of veggies I could slice and roast, and what else would be good in a wrap.


The next day, I roasted up a whole zucchini, also sliced on the mandoline, and a whole red pepper, just opened and evenly trimmed. It wasn't cooking fast enough, so I broiled it and got some nice roast marks on there! It also helps to sprinkle some sea salt and fresh pepper on the veggies to give them some flavor. I flipped them half way so they would cook evenly.


Then I laid out my tortilla (definitely want to try a spinach or whole wheat one next time, but this is what I had in the fridge) and spread it with Boursin cheese, then added the veggies, fresh basil, and some crumbled goat cheese.


Lastly, I rolled it up like a pinwheel and cut it with a really sharp knife. This one was even better and would have been great with eggplant or mint also. I might be crazy sometime and try one that has all the elements of my favorite sushi roll (rice, sweet potato, cucumber, cream cheese, seaweed salad). There are so many combinations that would be good in these, and they're a cinch to make.


No comments:

Post a Comment