Sunday, June 2, 2013

Cookie Sammies

While preparing for a cookout at my Mom's house this weekend, I couldn't decide on a dessert. Cookies seemed boring and ice cream felt kind of lazy but when combined they make a special semi-homemade treat that everyone loves!


First I made some simple chocolate cookies that are generally flat, with a slight crisp. I omitted the chocolate chips since I knew the ice cream (Breyer's Reese's flavor) was going to be super rich and chocolatey.


Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 sticks of butter (softened)
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
(1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Put butter, egg, and vanilla in mixer with brown and white sugar, mix until creamy and slightly fluffy.
3. Add in dry ingredients, mix until combined and add in chocolate chips, nuts, etc. if desired.
4. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet.

Makes about 3 dozen small cookies or 2 dozen large ones. Once cookies were cool, I scooped a nice blob of softened ice cream in the center.


Then came another cookie, which I twisted on to smoosh the ice cream down. I made these the night before and wrapped them tight in saran wrap. They held up well, especially if you let them sit for a few minutes the next day to soften up again slightly. Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment