Saturday, June 29, 2013

Green Smoothies

Whenever I'm under a big deadline I get hooked on caffeine and drink Diet Coke like it's going out of style. Then I end up feeling gross, and worse, it makes me crave sugar and all sorts of junk. So I've been wanting to detox...gently. Nothing crazy. I found out about this through the 100 Days of Real Food Blog (definitely check that out, great articles on there). It's a bunch of recipes for green smoothies--I started with the Beginner's Luck smoothie. Despite the green, it was actually very good and kept me full for a few hours (I had it for breakfast two days in a row). I'm kind of excited to see what I feel like after drinking them more regularly!


The site has lots of fun recipes, and they come with beautiful pictures too:  http://simplegreensmoothies.com/recipes

Ingredients:
2 cups spinach, fresh
2 cups water (I mixed in crushed ice)
1 cup pineapple (I used frozen)
1 cup mango
2 bananas

– Serves 2 –

Blend spinach and water until smooth. Next add the remaining fruits and blend again. Use at least one frozen fruit to make the green smoothie cold.

Here is the original recipe (and photo):  http://simplegreensmoothies.com/Recipes/beginners-luck#!prettyPhoto

No comments:

Post a Comment