Thursday, December 25, 2014

Felt Flower Wreath


Let's just go ahead and say it--I'm the best daughter-in-law ever. And the only daughter-in-law, but that's beside the point :). I made this super cute wreath for my husband's parents and it was my first attempt at felt flowers but they were so easy and turned out really well. Here is a really great tutorial on how to make them:  http://millionmoments.net/2013/09/make-felt-flowers-rosettes.html

I got a styrofoam ring at the craft store and wrapped a bunch of quilt batting around it, then started wrapping fat strips of burlap around it (it took two rolls--I tried to cover it really well so no batting peeked through). I hot glued the burlap together at the end to seal it and hot glued the felt flowers (with little pearl centers) and a painted wood initial to the wreath. Then I finished it off with a pretty red bow for hanging. Ta da!

No comments:

Post a Comment