Saturday, March 29, 2014

Okonomiyaki


Cabbage pancakes are my hands down favorite at Xiao Bao Biscuit. They are made with flour so I thought I'd try to recreate them at home with GF flour. They were AMAZING! And messy, but not all that difficult. I pulled from several different recipes and the only things I might do differently next time are maybe adding some shredded kale or spinach. Finely chopped broccoli would be good too.


It's nearly two packages of pre-shredded cabbage with four eggs, a chopped bunch of scallions, a few tablespoons of GF soy sauce, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, a cup of defrosted peas and carrots, salt, pepper, garlic paste, a large handful of shredded basil, and about 1/3 cup of GF flour. Coconut oil is really good for frying because of the high smoke point. You just fry 'em up and then top with a little sauce (mayo + soy sauce + Sriracha). Also added a big side of stir fried veggies in soy sauce and butter (mmmm).


No comments:

Post a Comment