Thursday, November 20, 2014

Italian Chicken Thighs


Sounds racy, doesn't it? I just made this up on the fly, but it came together nicely. I baked a package of chicken thighs (maybe like 8 of them?) in the oven at 385 in some olive oil and Italian seasonings for about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, I got some beautiful veggies going in the sauce pan (zucchini, onion, carrots, yellow pepper...but really anything would work) with olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.


Once the veggies were cooked I added a large can of crushed tomatoes and seasoned until the sauce tasted good (Italian seasoning, salt/pepper, red pepper flakes), then plopped the mostly cooked chicken thighs in there and simmered with the lid on for about 10 minutes. I threw in a big pile of fresh spinach the last few minutes too, just for good measure. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment