Sunday, July 21, 2013

Operation Bake Sale

I've been a vendor at the Lowcountry Artist Market many times in the past with my jewelry but this time my friend Laura (who also loves to bake) and I decided to sell our homemade goodies. We stayed up late, cranked some tunes, and made tons of tasty treats--salted rice krispy treats, mint chocolate cookies, banana bread, brownies, fruit crumbles, and more.

The day started off pretty slow but by lunch time we had lots of visitors (including several of our generous friends, family, and co-workers) and the day flew by. On the way home we dropped a big basket of unsold desserts at a local fire department and their reaction totally made my day. There were shouts, high fives, and lots of gratitude. I thanked them for their service and nearly cried in the car...they put their lives on the line every day and I was so happy we could do something teensy like this to brighten their afternoon :).

 
Can't wait for the winter Market!

No comments:

Post a Comment