Sunday, July 28, 2013

Beaufort - Day 1

My mom and I drove down to Beaufort, SC on a Friday to visit my cousin and his son, who were vacationing in nearby Hilton Head. After catching up with them for lunch, we checked in at the killer City Loft hotel. The rooms were colorful, contemporary, and super comfortable.


There's a gym and coffee shop, and with only 22 rooms it has a really intimate feel. They even come around at 5:00 with cookies and turn down service. Plus, it's affordable! With great cable. There was even a tv in the bathroom, where you can soak in this ridiculously huge bathtub while you catch up on HGTV (which is precisely what I did--"World's Coolest Pools," anyone?). There were complimentary bathrobes, and the four different shower heads come out of the ceiling. Love, love, love.


It's the little things :). After we strolled around the downtown area and got a tasty seafood dinner at Wren, we checked out Lowcountry Produce, a cafe in an old post office across the street from our hotel to get our sweet fix (I'm going to go ahead and blame my insatiable sweet tooth on my mother).


I got a natural creme soda and a red velvet cupcake, both were tasty. And the place couldn't be any cuter. As the name suggests, they sell local produce, cheeses, meats, and other fun stuff also. I haven't been to Beaufort in a few years and it's really cool to see how many new, fun things there are to do here. Day 1 = success!

No comments:

Post a Comment