Sunday, July 28, 2013

Beaufort - Day 2

My husband joined us for day 2 in Beaufort, which started with breakfast at the hotel coffee shop and a walk through some local galleries. Before he got to town my mom and I drove out to Hunting Island park and walked around the beach. It was really wild and pretty, and reminded me of Daufuskie Island.


When we got back, I took advantage of the fact that the hotel loans out bikes for guests--I ended up taking three bike rides around the pretty (waterfront) historic neighborhood behind us before we left.


 I forgot how much fun it is to ride a bike! I totally want this one too, it's a Jamis Cruiser, which is pricy but definitely on my wish list. Maybe I can find a used one somewhere? I digress. Up next was a belated birthday trip I booked for my mom on the Annalee, a wooden 1930s boat. We cruised around the harbor for an hour or so and they provided a picnic lunch while we listened to music. My dad would have loved it.


 For dinner, John and I drove to a Thai/sushi place right down the road, where we had some great local shrimp and I got down on some very good veggie sushi.


Despite the spotty weather it turned out to be a great trip. I got some quality time with my hubs and mom and enjoyed all the cool new stuff in Beaufort (combined with its small town charm). Can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment