Sunday, September 22, 2013

Tomato Pie

I was psyched to discover that Whole Foods makes a good GF pie crust, which means I can still make my favorite tomato pie. It's great in the summer when you have tomatoes coming out your ears. I always pop the crust in the oven (on about 375) for maybe 10 minutes just to crisp it up (poking a few holes in it with a fork to vent). Then I add as many sliced tomatoes as I can fit, and a good shake of salt and pepper.


Next, mix about 3/4 a cup of Greek yogurt and 1/4 cup of mayo in a bowl with some garlic, and a big handful of shredded mozzarella (Gruyere or cheddar is super good too). I mixed in a big handful of frozen spinach this time also. Cover it with some more cheese, in this case grated Parmesan, and bake for about 20-30 minutes, until it starts to get some color and all the cheese is melted.


When you pull it out, it should look like this.


So good, and you really don't have to measure anything, just eyeball it. It's hard to mess up, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment