Sunday, September 22, 2013

Curry with Basil

I made this with tilapia, from a recipe I tore from a magazine, but next time I will make it with shrimp or tofu. The flavors are great but the fish was kind of hard to manage. My husband made it with chicken, which I think he would cube next time to make it easier to eat. And I might add some more veggies, like broccoli or zucchini. Overall great recipe with a lot of potential directions to go in.


Ingredients:
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 1/2 Tbsp. red curry paste
3 cloves garlic, grated
1 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
Salt and pepper
4 small carrots, peeled and thinly cut
1 small onion, diced
1/2 cup chopped basil
Protein (shrimp, chicken, tofu, etc.)
Cooked jasmine rice for serving

1. Preheat oven to 425, and in a bowl combine coconut milk, curry paste, garlic, and coriander.

2. Divide carrots, onions, and basil among four foil packets and top each with protein and mixture. Fold foil over to close.

3. Bake foil packets on a baking sheet about 15-20 minutes, until protein is done. Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment