Saturday, August 1, 2015

Eggplant Curry


It all started with some CSA veggies (tomatoes, onion, and eggplant). Instead of Italian, I toyed around with this delicious curry recipe. Roast grape tomatoes (tossed in olive oil, salt, and pepper) in a 250 degree oven for about 30 minutes, or until tender. While that was going I sliced the eggplant (skin on) with a mandoline and salted it for about 10 minutes each side (dabbing it with a paper towel after flipping), then sliced up two medium zucchinis and one baking potato also. Put the eggplant, potato, and zucchini on the tomato pan and turned the oven up to 375 and cooked about 20 minutes or until roasted and tender.

Meanwhile, I diced and sauteed the onion in some olive oil and once it was clear added a can of coconut milk. I seasoned away with every Indian spice I had in the cabinet, including curry powder, garam masala, cumin, and tumeric. I just kept seasoning it until it tasted good and then mixed in the roasted tomatoes, eggplant, potatoes, and zucchini. Really, really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment