Saturday, July 4, 2015

Shut Your Face Birthday Brownies


My mom wanted brownies for her birthday so I scoured Pinterest looking for a good gluten free recipe. And boy did I find one! I used Trader Joe's GF flour mix and these were incredible (I'm sure regular flour is delicious too). Makes an 8 x 8 pan or you can double it like I did for a 9 x 13 pan.

Ingredients
½ cup granulated sugar
2 Tablespoon butter or ghee
2 Tablespoon coconut milk
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
⅔ cup gluten free flour mix
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt

Instructions
Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease pan.

In a saucepan combine sugar, butter, and coconut milk; cook over medium heat until it comes to a boil.

Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted.

Add in eggs and vanilla.

Add in flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until mixture is smooth. Pour into greased pan.

Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Do not overbake.

Original Recipe:  http://www.yourhomebasedmom.com/gluten-free-brownies/

No comments:

Post a Comment