Sunday, June 8, 2014

Enchiladas with Lemon Cream Sauce


A little bite of heaven if there ever was :). These are a take on my favorite enchiladas from Basico, a fun little Mexican joint down the road from work. Theirs have pickled onions on top, which I haven't figured out how to do yet, but I think I got the sauce pretty close!


Lemon Cream Sauce
1 small carton of heavy cream
Zest from two small lemons
1/2 cup cheddar or Parmesan cheese
Salt to taste

Enchiladas
Corn tortillas
Cheddar cheese
Queso fresco cheese
Sauteed veggies (I used carrot, zucchini, and greens)
Smashed black beans

Assemble enchiladas and top with sauce and additional cheese. Bake until bubbling (about 25 minutes) at 400 degrees. I topped mine with diced radish for a little extra crunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment