Wednesday, May 15, 2013

SoCo and Farmer's Market

For our last day in Austin, we walked to the nearby farmer's market and checked out all of the fresh produce, flowers, and food for sale. I loved how there were different varieties of veggies than what we have at home, like purple carrots and bright yellow cauliflower.


I also loved all of the pretty little succulents, and want to try planting some at home.


From there we ventured over to South Congress, where we checked out more outdoor vendors and grabbed lunch at HopDaddy before the massive crowds hit. The truffle oil fries are AH-mazing.


Then, I tried to get a picture in front of the famous wall outside of Jo's Coffee since I finally had someone to take my picture, and...epic thumb in the picture fail. Oh well, maybe next time!


We wrapped up our South Congress tour with some shopping, and my mom especially liked
Uncommon Objects, the really well-curated antique/junk shop that has all sorts of arty fun stuff.


It kind of makes you believe for a half second that you could pull off having all of this stuff in your house...if only you had someone to display things in such a creative and uncluttered way. I think it would look dangerously close to an episode of "Hoarders" in my house, and not nearly as cool :).

No comments:

Post a Comment