Friday, May 10, 2013

Back to Austin

I'm back in Austin for work, this time with my mom for Mother's Day weekend. We got in on Thursday, where I introduced her to Amy's ice cream and she got a juicy steak at the Roaring Fork. Today I had my work meeting, but Mom walked around town and enjoyed the hotel's posh lap pool. Tonight we walked to Book People, an awesome local book store, Anthropologie, and Whole Foods. My mom was very pleased with her salmon burger, while I enjoyed crostini with butternut squash puree, arugula, goat cheese, and a tasty vinaigrette. On the way we dropped into Walton's Fancy and Staple, a cute little bakery/flower shop/cafe owned by Sandra Bullock.


On our journey we passed this cute old truck full of flowers and I picked up a marshmallow ice cream cone from Whole Foods...something I might try to make at home in the near future!


I think they would be super cute with sprinkles or Oreos on top and chocolate lining the inside. We got back to the hotel right before a major thunderstorm came through, and tomorrow we're going to hit South Congress and the Farmer's Market at Republic Square Park (yeah!) before heading home. Another great trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment