Sunday, April 28, 2013

On the Road Again

Sometimes my spring feels like one non-stop road trip, with cheerleading competitions and work-related travel. This week alone I drove to Hilton Head Island and back in one day and then Wilmington, NC and back in two days. The Wilmington trip was fun because it was someplace new and because I got to judge a competition for the first time, which I really enjoyed. Here's a recap!

First stop was Georgetown, a cute little place about an hour or so outside of Charleston. I refueled, and took a quick walk along the harbor since it was such a nice day.


Myrtle Beach was just a drive-by....I've been there a million times for family vacations, competitions, work stuff...no need to stop again! While it has a pretty beach and some fun stuff to do, it's also a ton of chain restaurants and crowds and families with small children, so you know, only in small doses.


Finally, about three and a half hours later I made it to Wilmington. After checking in to my hotel, I walked around downtown and it was super cute. I even found free parking at a meter, go me!


I ended up grabbing a bite at Nick's Diner, trying one of their 'famous' mac and cheese skillets...mmm....


Then I got a good night's sleep before checking in at UNC Wilmington for the cheer competition. Getting paid to sit front and center and watch 60+ routines was actually kind of perfect and I really enjoyed it. It's a lot less stressful than actually having to compete. I hope I get asked to come back in the fall!


No comments:

Post a Comment