Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Cookie Cake

I totally forgot to take a picture, but this recipe makes the best cookie cakes, cookie bars, and some pretty damn good cookies too. It's from the chocolate chunk wrapper at the Piggly Wiggly (Saco brand). It does have shortening, which I'm not a fan of but man it makes them tasty. Next time I make them I'll definitely get a picture, they just went way too fast this time!

Ingredients
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 stick of butter (unsalted)
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
12 oz. chocolate chips/chunks

1. Preheat oven to 375 and combine butter, shortening, sugars, and vanilla; beat until creamy. Beat in egg.
2. Gradually add dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
3. Drop by rounded spoonfuls or press into 9x13 pan for bars. Bake 8-10 minutes for cookies and 15-20 minutes for bars. Dive in!

*Update! I made another cake with this recipe for our friend Kristen's birthday this week! And I remembered to take a picture! Icing was store bought but cake was from scratch. Please ignore the fact that my penmanship needs some work :).*

No comments:

Post a Comment