Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving Ya'll

I hosted Thanksgiving this year and it was all gluten free. My favorite dish was (surprisingly) the stuffing, which I had never made from scratch before and kind of improvised on. Took some time but totally tasty!


Gluten Free Stuffing
8 cups of chopped GF bread (I used Udi's)
2 cups of vegetable broth (I'd probably add a little more next time)
2 eggs (I'd add one more next time)
Cubed butternut squash
1/2 of a small onion (diced)
Several heads of garlic (diced)
Butter
Sea salt and pepper
Rosemary (or other herbs)

1. Chop bread into small chunks and spread out on a large cookie sheet. Toast for about 12 minutes or until toasted. I did two trays that were fairly full (bonus--you'll have leftovers to make GF breadcrumbs with in the food processor--score!).
2. Meanwhile, saute the squash, kale, onion, and garlic in a few tablespoons of butter and season with your herbs and salt and pepper. I think you could substitute any other fall veggies and it would be just as good.
3. Whisk the eggs and stir in the broth. Toss the mixture in the liquid until evenly covered, then transfer to a casserole dish and cook (uncovered) for about 30 minutes at 350.

No comments:

Post a Comment