Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies

Since going wheat free I've really missed baking. A lot. And I had kind of given up on finding a good gluten free chocolate chip cookie until I had the ones at Sweet Radish, which were A-MAZ-ING. This gave me hope. I made another attempt, and finally (finally!) they turned out well! Really well! Texture, taste, everything is spot on. The trick is chilling the dough before you put it on the cookie sheet for baking.


Ingredients:
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup almond flour
1/4 cup gluten free all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 stick butter (softened)
1 cup sugar (I used about 3/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup Stevia)
1 egg
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 (generous) cup dark chocolate chips
Sea Salt

1. Preheat oven to 375. Mix butter and sugar until well mixed (I used a Kitchen Aid but you could use a hand mixer). Beat in egg and Vanilla.
2. Add in the flours and baking soda. Add a nice sprinkle (not quite a 1/4 tsp) of sea salt. Stir in the chocolate chips (I eyeball it).
3. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and scoop out 12 cookies. Bake for 8 minutes or until slightly browned. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment