Saturday, March 2, 2013

Make Mine Tea

I have been aware for a while now just how bad Diet Coke is for you, but I can't seem to stop drinking it. Part of it is the caffeine, part of it is that I like to drink something throughout the day (and you can only chug so much water), and part of it is it's my sweet little reward that I look forward to. I've been stumped at finding a good replacement, but am going to give tea a try. I can't bring myself to drink coffee, and I love Crystal Light but it's full of gross chemicals too.

I've always felt indifferent about tea, never disliked it but never loved it. Recently my mom and I were in Savannah and had lunch at the Gryphon Tea Room. My mom is a tea drinker, and ordered us a pot. The tea was an orange pomegranate that was surprisingly good. We ate lunch, but the menu also offered a tea service with little pastries and sandwiches which I was somewhat smitten with the idea of. So I decided to give tea a try. I ordered some Harney and Sons tea, which come in cute little metal tins and fun flavors like Green Tea with Coconut, Ginger & Vanilla. I also picked up some local honey from the Savannah Bee Company, in Wild Flower and Orange Blossum (doesn't that just sound fancy?) to add to my tea.

Since I've been back I've made a cup a day and I must admit that I'm starting to look forward to the warm mug and fragrant smells from the pretty little satchels of tea. Still drinking soda, but trying to cut back and go for tea instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment