Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Butternut Squash Ravioli

I decided to be adventurous and make a big meal from scratch. First thing was caramelizing about half of a red onion. Used this easy guide on All Recipes and they turned out very tasty.

The next step was to make the actual raviolis, once the dough was rolled out. I just cut little squares with a knife and mixed up some butternut squash, ricotta, mozzarella and salt/pepper to use as the filling.


Next I made a sage pesto. I think I'd add more sage next time, but I basically mixed up fresh sage, olive oil, walnuts, and parmesan in a food processor for the sauce.


The finished dinner--butternut squash ravioli with sage pesto, caramelized onions, goat cheese and arugula!


And since there was a lot of dough left, I decided to make some spaghetti noodles to freeze for later :).


No comments:

Post a Comment