Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Amy's Ice Cream + Green Chile Mac

There are many things I love about my work trips to Austin, but these are two edible delights I look forward to on every trip. The first is Amy's Ice Cream, a local shop in South Congress that they also happen to have at the airport. The all natural goodness comes with hot fudge sauce that is to die for. Last month they had Girl Scout cookie Thin Mints to mix in. OMG.


The second thing I love to eat in Austin is the green chile mac and cheese at the Roaring Fork. It's the restaurant in the hotel that I usually stay at, so I was not expecting much. Most of the stuff on the menu is pretty meat-heavy but I tried this with a salad and it was the shiz. Creamy, crispy bread crumbed, slightly spicy, amazing mac and cheese. I get it nearly every trip now, it's so good.


No comments:

Post a Comment