Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Sew Pretty

Last year I actually picked up some place mats at World Market that were just so darn cute I thought they'd make great (cheap) pillows. Of course they have been buried in a closet since then, but seeing this come across my inbox got me thinking I should give it a go! I love the step-by-step tutorial and I never would have thought of reusing the stuffing from an ugly pillow (got a couple of those laying around). I've been looking for an easy sewing project and this just might be it.

Here is the original post:  http://sweet-verbena.blogspot.com/2012/07/placemat-pillows-tutorial.html

I also found this web site in a magazine, and even though I have no idea how to quilt, I think these designs are absolutely beautiful and original. They're maps! Maybe someday I will give it a go, they have DIY kits for sale also.


No comments:

Post a Comment